|Agency: Pennsylvania Patient Safety Authority (83)||Job Title: Systems Administrator |
|Type of Job: Non-civil service/Management ||Position: Perm/FT|
|Work Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. ||Work Location: 333 Market Street, Lobby Level, Harrisburg, PA 17120|
|Reports to: Financial Director & CIO|| |
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Patient Safety Authority is proud to be an equal opportunity employer supporting workplace diversity.
For more information about this job opening or to submit a resume, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Responsibilities of the Systems Administrator include both agency enterprise server administration and agency network/desktop support in coordination with OA-OIT. This positon reports to the Finance Director/CIO.
- Works in close conjunction with commonwealth Enterprise Data Center (EDC) staff and HPE developers and DBAs.
- Responsible for end user desktop computers, the agency’s enterprise servers, local area network (LAN), wireless LAN (WLAN) and wireless devices.
- Works with Commonwealth OA-OIT Security and EDC teams to maintain a safe and secure system and application environment.
- Designs and monitors all system configurations including networked servers, desktops and laptops.
- Develops enterprise server configuration specifications for installation by EDC.
- Documents and updates documentation for all configurations and environments.
- Drafts and submits Service Requests to OA-OIT.
- Evaluates and installs new software releases and system upgrades (depending on environment).
- Evaluates and installs patches (depending on environment).
- Evaluates and resolves operating system related problems.
- Resolves/mitigates security vulnerability findings working with PSA CIO/CISO, EDC/OIT Security, and other PSA IT staff.
- Reviews downtime messages and determines if posting of downtime message on website is necessary.
- Troubleshoots network issues with OIT network administrators.
- Installs and troubleshoots IT resources, establishes and manages user accounts, performs backup and recovery tasks.
- Coordinates replacement and/or upgrades of wireless devices, e.g. smart phones, extenders and other peripheral needs related to telecommunications.
- Identifies the nature of telecommunications problems and explains the appropriate course of action, and/or contacts OA-OIT helpdesk to initiate a ticket to resolve the problem or conduct repairs.
Desktop Support Role:
- Ensures desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated validation systems, file servers, email servers, application servers, and administrative systems.
- Diagnoses and quickly resolves a wide range of Windows applications and networking problems to help minimize downtime.
- Troubleshoots network connectivity in a LAN/WAN environment.
- Requests and coordinates vendor support.
- Installs, upgrades, supports and troubleshoots Windows 10, Microsoft Office and any other authorized desktop applications.
- Installs, upgrades, supports and troubleshoots printers, computer hardware and any other authorized peripheral equipment.
- Performs general preventative maintenance tasks on computers, laptops, printers and any other authorized peripheral equipment.
- Performs remedial repairs on computers, laptops, printers and any other authorized peripheral equipment.
- Customizes desktop hardware to meet user specifications and site standards.
- Orders hardware and peripherals through authorized vendors.
- Performs work in compliance related to warranty requirements.
- Returns defective equipment/parts to maintenance inventory, documents customer repairs, maintains and restocks assigned parts inventory to insure proper spare parts levels.
- Safely packages equipment for field use and arrange for the transport of the equipment or be asked to personally transport for field use.
- Monitoring, operating, managing, troubleshooting and restoring to service the network capabilities of personal computers (PC) or notebooks with authorized access to the network.
- Works with OA-OIT helpdesk staff to escalate and resolve issues.
- Troubleshoots problems associated with network connectivity, VPN, and workstation hardware/software utilizing diagnostic tools.
- Applies industry standard tools and methodologies to load, copy and customize operating system configurations for deployment.
- Tracks hardware and software inventory.
- Familiarizes and sometimes trains end users on basic software, hardware and peripheral device operation.
- Manages and resolves queries, issues, and problems including escalation when required.
- Serves as backup agency ISO (Information Security Officer).
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Willingness and ability to develop expertise in new technologies in support of the job.
- Solid initiative and follow-through; ability to work with minimal intervention and see tasks through to completion without continual follow-up.
- Knowledge, use, and support of Dell, HP, Lenovo, and Microsoft laptop systems.
- Knowledge, use, and support of Microsoft Office 365 suite of products.
- Must be able to work independently and rely on own knowledge and resources to perform the functions of the job, as the primary job functions require exercising independent judgment.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, service partners, and healthcare subject matter experts.
- Good teamwork and collaboration skills. Ability to influence and lead others on occasion.
- Initiative to continually identify opportunities for improvement and add additional business value. Ability to work with others to drive those ideas to implementation / completion. Participation and contribution to PSA’s Innovation projects and ideas.
- Must be able to walk, sit and/or stand for extended periods of time as needed.
- Must be able to perform regular lifting or moving of equipment/items as needed; generally not to exceed 40 lbs.
- Ability to travel within Pennsylvania in support of field staff operations or out-of-state for meetings; sometime overnight may be required. Must have and maintain a current Pennsylvania driver’s license.
- 6+ years of technical or higher education, or equivalent work experience, or a combination of both is acceptable.
- Certification preferred with multiple certifications a plus, e.g., Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA).
- Windows server experience is required.
- Experience with FTP servers and connections.
- Must be skilled in working with application and file servers, desktop/laptop systems, networks, databases, information security systems, and a variety of storage systems.
- Should be conversant in hybrid cloud storage and disaster recovery planning.
- Healthcare IT experience would be a plus.
- Experience using ServiceNow or other incident ticket tracking systems.
- Familiarization of ITIL processes (Event, Incident, Change, Problem, etc.).
- Experience with SAS code, SAS Analytics, and SAS Visual Analytics would be a plus.
- Experience with the following SW:
- SQL Server
- Windows Server 2008, 2012, and above.
- WS_FTP Professional
- WS_FTP Server
- MS IIS
- MS SharePoint
- MS Windows 7,8,10