|Agency: Patient Safety Authority (83)||Job Title: Regional Patient Safety Liaison (Delaware Valley) |
|Type of Job: Non-civil service/Management ||Position: Perm/FT/exempt|
|Work Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. ||Work Location: Home Based|
|Reports to: Director of Outreach and Education|| |
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Patient Safety Authority is proud to be an equal opportunity employer supporting workplace diversity.
For more information about this job opening or to submit a resume, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Description of Duties:
Regional Patient Safety Liaisons (PSL) help the Authority to improve patient safety in Pennsylvania by establishing a collaborative local presence at healthcare facilities. The PSL will be primarily focused on one of six regions in Pennsylvania. The PSL will serve as the primary face of the Authority at facilities subject to Act 13 in a given region. The PSL will report to the Director of Outreach and Education. The PSL helps the Patient Safety Authority provide guidance to and solicit feedback from, the healthcare facilities that submit Serious Events and Incidents to the Pennsylvania Patient Safety Reporting System (PA-PSRS).
Anticipated activities include:
- Coordinate and plan education and focus sessions with hospitals on a regional or individual level with personnel from Authority staff, Authority contractors—ECRI Institute and the Institute for Safe Medication Practices (ISMP), and others as directed by the Director of Outreach & Education
- Deliver presentations at individual hospitals, local professional societies and other interest groups regarding the Patient Safety Authority's role, mission and activities.
- Encourage facilities to distribute and use the Patient Safety Advisory, consumer tips, toolkits, and associated tools/documents/resources to prevent medical errors
- Work with facilities to share patient safety policies and procedures that have led to improvement, when appropriate
- Solicit feedback from facilities regarding patient safety issues, initiatives, successes, and needs
- Help develop and conduct local training programs
- Provide basic user training on the use of the Pennsylvania Patient Safety Reporting Systems (PA-PSRS), including reporting of medical errors and infections
- Help facility PSOs utilize the resources of the Authority to further patient safety in their organizations
- Facilitate collaboration between Authority staff and regional quality improvement groups (e.g., HCIF, PRHI)
- Maintain periodic contact with facilities via in person consultations, visits, and phone calls.
- Submit weekly reports, expenses and facility visit reports to Director of Outreach & Education on a weekly basis
- Perform related work as required and any other responsibilities as set forth by the director of Outreach & Education and/or the Executive Director
- Learning Orientation.
- Organizational Skills.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Staff/Client Focus.
- Healthcare Patient Safety/Quality/Risk Management experience
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Current CPPS preferred or required within 1 year of employment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. At times this job may require lifting boxes of materials, computer/audio-visual equipment, and transport via a handcart.
Hours of Work:
Some flexibility of hours is allowed, but the employee must work 37.5 hours each week to maintain full-time status. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Frequent day travel is required. Some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected a few times per year.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.