The Pennsylvania Patient Safety Authority respects your right to privacy and will make every effort to protect it when you visit our Web site or contact us by means of e-mail. Here are some things you should know about how we protect your privacy:
- When you send e-mail to email@example.com, we won’t keep or share your e-mail address with anyone outside of the Pennsylvania Patient Safety Authority’s staff. We’ll only use your e–mail address to respond to your requests for information.
- If you sign up for one of our (e-)mailing lists, we will only send you the kinds of information you’ve requested. We will not share your e-mail address with anyone outside of the Pennsylvania Patient Safety Authority, except as may be required by law.
- When you visit our Web site, we collect certain information about your visit that does not identify you personally. We can tell the type of computer, browser, and Web service you are using. We also know the date and time you visit and the pages you visit. Collecting this information helps us design the site according to your needs.
- Sometimes we may use "cookies," which are small amounts of text stored on your computer. We only store the cookie on your computer during that visit so that you won’t lose the information if you go to another site and come back during the visit. After you turn off your computer or stop using the Internet, the cookie is erased.
- We monitor visits to the Pennsylvania Patient Safety Authority Web site to identify any attempt to tamper with the Web site.
- When you submit your personal information using our Web site, we have systems to safeguard your private information from third parties.
- If information is required for a law enforcement investigation, any information we collect for those investigations is destroyed according to state and federal guidelines.
- Tampering with the Pennsylvania Patient Safety Authority’s Web site is against the law. Violators may and will be punished under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
Links to Other Sites
- Our Web site has links to many other Web sites. When you go to another site, you are subject to the privacy and security policies of that site. The Pennsylvania Patient Safety Authority cannot attest to the accuracy of information provided there.
- Linking to a Web site does not constitute an endorsement by the Pennsylvania Patient Safety Authority, or any of its employees, of the sponsors of the site, or the products presented on the site.
Information regarding our disclaimer and other legal information can be found on their respective sections.
The Pennsylvania Patient Safety Authority’s official Web site is "www.patientsafetyauthority.org" This site is provided as a public service, for informational purposes only. All information on this site is presented without any representation, guaranty, or warranty whatsoever regarding the accuracy, relevance, or completeness of the information.
The information contained in this Web site is provided only as general information, which may be incomplete or outdated. Please note that users of this Web site are responsible for independently verifying any and all information. The inclusion of links from this site does not imply endorsement or support of any of the linked information, services, products or providers. The Pennsylvania Patient Safety Authority makes no effort to verify, or to exert any editorial control or influence over, information on pages outside of the "www.patientsafetyauthority.org" domain.
Legal and Technical Statement
This Web Site Generally:
The materials contained in this Web site have been prepared by the Pennsylvania Patient Safety Authority for informational purposes only. They are presented without any representation or warranty whatsoever regarding the accuracy or completeness of the information. The information contained in this Web site is provided only as general information, which may or may not reflect the most current information available. Please contact a Pennsylvania Patient Safety Authority representative to ensure the most current information.
http://patientsafetyauthority.org and any URL containing patientsafetyauthority.org as part of the address constitute the official Web site of the Pennsylvania Patient Safety Authority. No other Web site, provider, or service is authorized to provide online information regarding the affairs of the Pennsylvania Patient Safety Authority.
Links to information on sites other than those operated by or on behalf of the Pennsylvania Patient Safety Authority are for your convenience only and are not an endorsement or recommendation of those sites. The Pennsylvania Patient Safety Authority does not control or provide any content or information at these sites, makes no representation or warranty of any kind with respect to these sites or their content, and does not maintain, operate, or take responsibility for information. The Pennsylvania Patient Safety Authority does not endorse and is not responsible for the accuracy or reliability of such content or information and any use thereof is solely at the user’s risk.
In some cases the Pennsylvania Patient Safety Authority will utilize pop–up windows to display information. These windows may be blocked from view by pop–up blockers.
There are many third party applications that block pop–up ads. While these applications are very useful for general Web browsing, they may interfere with the Pennsylvania Patient Safety Authority’s Web site preventing information to be displayed. Turn these applications off when viewing the Pennsylvania Patient Safety Authority Web site.
Internet browsers that we support have built in pop–up blocking abilities. If this function is turned on while navigating patientsafetyauthority.org, then some information may be blocked. Please turn these functions off while viewing patientsafetyauthority.org.
The Pennsylvania Patient Safety Authority ensures that while visitors are within patientsafetyauthority.org, our Web site will not generate any pop–up ads from third parties. Clicking on an external link will take the visitor outside of the patientsafetyauthority.org domain and, therefore, pop–up ads are possible and not the responsibility of patientsafetyauthority.org.
Allow Pop–Ups for patientsafetyauthority.org only
- Go to Tools –> Internet Options
- Click on the Privacy Tab
- Under Pop–up Blocker at the bottom click the "Settings" button
- In uppermost fill in box labeled "Address of Web site to allow" type in patientsafetyauthority.org and click Add
- Click Close then Okay
Privacy and Security Statement:
The Pennsylvania Patient Safety Authority respects your right to privacy and will take every precaution to protect it when you visit our Web site or contact us via e-mail. The patientsafetyauthority.org Privacy and Security Statement can be found on our Privacy & Security Statement section of this Web page.
Software available on this Web site for download is provided "as is", "with all faults", without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, warranties of merchantability and of fitness for a particular purpose. The user assumes the entire risk as to the results and performance of the software, and in no event shall the Pennsylvania Patient Safety Authority be liable for any incidental, consequential, or direct damages suffered in the course of using the software. Use of the available software programs is governed by their respective license agreements, which may contain restrictions on use, including, but not limited to, a requirement to pay the software owner a specified amount after a trial period has elapsed.
Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF)
Many documents at this site are in Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF). To read and print these Acrobat files, your computer must have the CURRENT VERSION of the Adobe® Acrobat® Reader™.
Acrobat Reader is available free of charge for Windows, Mac, and UNIX operating systems from the Adobe company Web site:
WinZip brings the convenience of Windows to the use of Zip files and other compression formats. Zip files are "archives" used for distributing and storing files. Zip files contain one or more files. Zip files are compressed to save time and space, and make downloading software and other files fast.
WinZip is available at from the WinZip Company Web site:
Windows Media Player (WMA) and Real Player (RM)
The Pennsylvania Patient Safety Authority may offer audio and video files. These files will be offered in Windows Media Player and/or Real Player format.
Both players are available free of charge at their prospective Web sites:
Adobe Flash Player
Occasionally we may provide Adobe Flash content on this site. To view this content, your computer must have the Adobe Flash Player installed.
The Adobe Flash Player is available free of charge from the Adobe company Web site:
This Web site was designed to be viewed with a minimum screen resolution of 1024 X 768 Pixels.
The Pennsylvania Patient Safety Authority Web site was developed using Microsoft’s Internet Explorer and the site is viewed best by using this browser. Firefox may also be used but some information may not render as it does with Internet Explorer. Internet Explorer and Firefox are available at the following links: